Welcome to Knights of Columbus Santa Maria Council #14546, the council serving St. Mary Church.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE – JOIN THE KNIGHTS!
WHO ARE WE?
Father Michael J. McGiveny founded the Knights of Columbus in New Haven in 1882. It’s been called the “strong right arm of the Church” and has been praised by popes, presidents, and other world leaders. Members of the Knights have included Babe Ruth, Ron Guidry, John Kennedy, Jeb Bush, and Vince Lombardi. Father Chacko Kumplam, Deacons John Hoffman and Robert Magnuson are Knights, as was Father Cronin. Father Donahue is a member of our council as well as its Chaplain.
The Knights of Columbus Santa Maria Council at St Mary Church is an very active and growing group of nearly 100 Catholic men involved in a host of activities in support of our families, community, parish, and Catholic faith. In 2013, the council celebrated its fifth anniversary.
We meet once a month. The business portion of the meeting lasts about 45 minutes and is followed by refreshments and fellowship.
WHAT DO MEMBERS DO?
- Father Cronin Memorial Tuition Financial Assistance Program for students at St Mary School (funded in part by our Oyster Festival Parking Fundraiser)
- Volunteer at the St Mary Home School Association carnival
- Support the Special Olympics, the Kennedy Center, and like organizations through our Tootsie Roll Drive
- Ladies’ Knight Out (a popular annual dinner at which our Knights act as servers)
- Candlelight Vigil (another annual event that’s popular with our parishioners)
- Assist St Mary School in preparing for Parents Night
- Volunteer at Kids Closet
- Volunteer at parish food drives
- Financial support for newly installed 10 Commandments monument at St Mary Church (Project Moses)
- Recycle inkjet cartridges and old cell phones
- Provide financial assistance for St Mary School student uniforms
- Provide financial support for St Mary School Easter Egg Hunt
- Basketball Free Throw Competition for boys and girls ages 9-14
- Christmas Party for council families with gifts for the kids and pictures with Santa
- Communion Breakfast to provide financial assistance to seminarians And more.
HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?
To apply for membership, you must be a practicing male Catholic at least 18 years of age. After you submit an application, you will be contacted by a member of our Admissions Committee who will guide you through the admission process
Consider joining a great group of Catholic men. You’ll find that Santa Maria Council offers many opportunities for you to make membership in the Knights a rewarding and fulfilling experience. We’re large enough to be well established, but small enough so that members get to know each other. As a Knight, you can strengthen and become more knowledgeable about your Catholic faith.
Days: 3rd Wednesdays
Time: 7 pm
Location: Father Cronin Hall
Rev Aidan Donahue
Gordon "Butch" Parmalee
Deputy Grand Knight
One Year Trustee
Two Year Trustee
Three Year Trustee